LAW Partnership offers limited places each year to aspiring newly qualified candidates who wish to undertake their pupillage with the firm and qualify as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya. This 2021 session, the firm will be offering up to four (4) pupillages and pupils will have the opportunity of exposure in the following practice areas on a rotation basis:
- Corporate, M&A and Commercial;
- Employment and Industrial Relations;
- Dispute Resolution and Arbitration;
- Intellectual Property; and
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications.
What to expect:
- Ample internal and external trainings (both legal and soft skills);
- Opportunity to assist lawyers in court proceedings;
- Opportunity to be involved and support in various corporate and commercial transactions;
- Mentorship (apart from pupil Master, pupils will be assigned to a mentor/buddy associate) to prepare pupils to be market ready;
- Peer value (treated as 1st year associate);
- Substantial involvement in legal research & drafting and trial preparation;
- Opportunity to interact with clients, opponent lawyers, officers, and authorities;
- Preparation for seminars and participation in firm’s business development and various committee’s initiatives; and
- Opportunity to be author or co-author of articles and research papers.
In acknowledging that employees are the backbone of the firm, LAW Partnership strives to be the “new” firm in Malaysia with a robust and cohesive work culture. The firm has a defined set of holistic values such as:
- Meritocracy is the core value of the firm;
- High-performance culture;
- Women empowerment;
- Health, Safety, Security & Environment with an emphasis on mental health;
- Diversity & inclusion; and
- Engagements through a wealth of committees such as Social and CSR Committee with a vibrant social and CSR calendar and events, Knowledge Committee that provides complete online and offline resources, and Talent Management which aims to meet current and future legal and soft skill sets.
The recruitment schedule is as follows:
21st June 2021 – Open for Application 15th July 2021 – Application Deadline
The pupillage allowance will be RM3,000 per month and the firm will be responsible and pay for all official filing fees.
To apply, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org